Wednesday 18 November 2009

Character Animation project 2009


Hello I have been set a project assignment to design a character which has been given to us from a brief with several options to chose from. I have begun the design process from these characters. The ones available were all fictional and below I will explain what each individual was and their characteristics. Each character is used for an advertisement for London Zoo. The characters were "Williie Billiams"- a nine year old on his first visit to London Zoo with an obsession for spiders, "Pocahontis Billiams"- Willies sister who is seven years old but much more relaxed and wants to be a gorilla,"Wilhemina Billiams"- Willie and Pocahontis' grandmonther who thins everything smells bad and is worried of an animal escaping and using her hat as a toilet, "Wee Eck McGlone"- head keeper of London Zoo who is a balding sixty year old obsessed with sweeping up dung and last of all "Cornellius"- a middle aged gorilla, the most civilised and sensible occupant of the Zoo. As we can see there are very different characteristics and a good variety to choose from. I decided to design and model both "Wee Eck McGlone" and "Cornelius" as I found them more interesting stand out characters. I began my designs first by drawing rough ideas and sketches of what I would like to produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment